Pancakes aren't just for pancake day, especially when they're packed with protein... We might be biased, but we think this is a strong contender for best protein pancake recipe ever - especially when it includes products from the VOOM Protein & Recovery Range!
Protein pancakes can make a great, protein-rich breakfast to start the day, or a tasty post-training snack after a long run or tough workout - optimising your recovery after training can help you be ready for your next session or event. You can even prep the mixture in advance for a “quick-fix” recovery meal. Check out our recipe for protein pancakes and our guide to make them.
What do I need to make protein pancakes?
How to make protein pancakes:
1) Blitz up the oats in a food processor or Nutribullet and then add in the protein powder, eggs, banana and milk. Give it another whizz until smooth.
2) Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan.
3) Spoon or pour the pancake mix into the pan (2-3 tbsp) and cook on each side for around 1 minute.
4) Add your favourite topping - we used natural yogurt, berries and some sliced VOOM RecoverFudge for added protein and sweetness.
5) Enjoy a guilt free breakfast or recovery meal!
In more of a rush? Our Rapid Recovery Shake makes the perfect post-training snack to optimise muscle recovery, or blitz it up with a banana for breakfast on the go!
Protein Pancakes Video Tutorial:
Love the sound of our Belgian Chocolate & Vanilla Rapid Recovery shake? Buy it now!
For more recipe ideas plus the latest news, events, training tips and offers from VOOM, use the box below to join the VOOM community.