Pancakes aren't just for pancake day... Especially when they're packed with protein. We might be biased, but we think this is a strong contender for best protein pancake recipe ever!
Protein pancakes can make a great breakfast to start the day, or a tasty post-training snack after a long run or tough workout - optimising your recovery after training can help you be ready for your next session or event. You can even prep the mixture in advance for a “quick-fix” recovery meal. Check out our recipe for protein pancakes and our guide to make them.
What do I need to make protein pancakes?
How to make protein pancakes:
- Blitz up the oats in a food processor or Nutribullet and then add in the protein powder, eggs, banana and milk. Give it another whizz until smooth.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Spoon or pour the pancake mix into the pan (2-3 tbsp) and cook on each side for around 1 minute.
- Add your favourite topping - we used natural yogurt, berries and some sliced Voom RecoverFudge for added protein and sweetness.
- Enjoy a guilt free breakfast or recovery meal!
In more of a rush? Our Rapid Recovery Shake makes the perfect post-training snack to optimise muscle recovery, or blitz it up with a banana for breakfast on the go!
Love the sound of our Belgian Chocolate & Vanilla Rapid Recovery shake?
If you want to be among the first to know when we launch our exciting new product please join the Voom community below.