Pancakes aren't just for pancake day, especially when they're packed with protein...
We might be biased, but we think this is a strong contender for best protein pancake recipe ever - especially when it includes products from the VOOM Protein & Recovery Range!
Protein pancakes can make a great, protein-rich breakfast to start the day, or a tasty post-training snack after a long run or tough workout - optimising your recovery after training can help you be ready for your next session or event. You can even prep the mixture in advance for a “quick-fix” recovery meal. Check out our recipe for protein pancakes and our guide to make them.
What do I need to make protein pancakes?
How to make protein pancakes:
1) Blitz up the oats in a food processor or Nutribullet and then add in the protein powder, eggs, banana and milk. Give it another whizz until smooth.
2) Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan.
3) Spoon or pour the pancake mix into the pan (2-3 tbsp) and cook on each side for around 1 minute.
4) Add your favourite topping - we used natural yogurt, berries and some sliced VOOM RecoverFudge for added protein and sweetness.
5) Enjoy a guilt free breakfast or recovery meal!
In more of a rush? Our Rapid Recovery Shake makes the perfect post-training snack to optimise muscle recovery, or blitz it up with a banana for breakfast on the go!
Protein Pancakes Video Tutorial:
Love the sound of our Belgian Chocolate & Vanilla Rapid Recovery shake? Buy it now!